According to the previous understanding, even if different species mate and produce, the next generation cannot continue to reproduce.Dr Lu junyi and his colleagues at the Chinese academy of sciences in Taiwan looked at the "specialisation" genes of yeast to unlock the evolutionary code that allows different species to mate but cannot reproduce.
"Species" are the most basic unit of biological classification. As early as 80 years ago, some masters of evolution proposed the hypothesis that specific genetic incompatibilities might cause individuals of different species to have no ability to reproduce even if they mate.
For years, researchers around the world have been trying to figure out the genetic code that cannot evolve.Dr Lu junyi and his colleagues at the institute of Chinese medicine in Taiwan have used a large number of rapidly propagating yeasts to present clearly and completely the mechanism of "specialisation".
Taiwan "academia sinica institute of molecular biology" help researcher Dr Chun-yi lu said: "in our study found a similar phenomenon, is their mitochondria are different, because they use different way energy, there are clearly a species such as diesel engine, another like a petrol engine, so the two engine swaps, of course, you will find two power is completely different."
Studies have shown that the key problem of "specialisation" lies in the incompatibility of the granulosomes within the cell with the nucleus. The granulosomes may be evolutionarily inclined to different metabolic modes in order to adapt to different nutritional environments, resulting in the separation of the two species.
The research results are a major step forward for future evolutionary research, and have been published in the leading journal of biological academia, Cell.The results could also help future medical applications by continuously looking at the role of granulosomes and providing a reference for research on cancer and aging.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The name and introduction of brewer's Yeast powder
- Principle of reducing beer yeast powder
- Wine Yeast Powder Diet eating method
- Beer Yeast powder and beauty
- Homemade Beer Yeast Powder mask
- Beer yeast powder and diabetes mellitus
- Beer Yeast powder and cancer
- Beer yeast powder and high pressure
- Beer yeast powder and anti-aging
- Beer yeast powder and liver protection
- Effect of Yeast to Shrimp
- Focus on Feed Yeast
- Yeast’s Effect on Soil
- How to Use Yeast for Steamed Buns
- No Aluminum Damage Technique of Yeast Factory
- Yeast Extract Explains the Mystery of Delicacy
- How to Choose Correct Yeast
- The Yeast You Don't Know
- Usage of Dry Yeast for Steamed Bun
- Market Analysis of Yeast Powder