Yeast is a kind of organism that has been used for a long time. It is called the first "domesticated microorganism". Yeast can also be used for wine making.Until now, the use of yeast has been greater, and its fermentation is often used to make all kinds of flour food and wine.The following is an introduction to yeast.
1. Distribution of yeast
Yeasts are widely distributed and mainly grow in acidic sugar - containing environments.Yeasts, such as fruits, vegetables, preserves, and in orchard soil, are also easily isolated from animal waste, milk, oil fields, and soil near oil refineries.
2. Colony characteristics of yeast
The colony features of most yeasts are similar to the bacteria, but larger and thicker than the bacteria colony. The colony surface is smooth, moist and sticky, easy to pick up, and the texture of the colony is uniform, and the color of the front and back sides, edges and central parts are all uniform. The colonies are mostly milky white, a few red, and some black.
3. Shape, size, and structure of yeast cells
3.1 shape: usually spherical, ovoid, salami, oval, lemon or lotus root, etc.
3.2 size: generally, it is about 1-5 nm in width, up to 10 nm in height, and about 5-20 nm in length, up to 50 nm in height, which is several times to dozens of times larger than bacteria.
3.3 structure: yeast has no flagella and cannot swim.Similar to higher organisms, eukaryotes.However, there is no golgi body common in higher plant and animal species, and it has cell wall, cell membrane, nucleus, cytoplasm, vacuole, mitochondria, and some have microbodies.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The name and introduction of brewer's Yeast powder
- Principle of reducing beer yeast powder
- Wine Yeast Powder Diet eating method
- Beer Yeast powder and beauty
- Homemade Beer Yeast Powder mask
- Beer yeast powder and diabetes mellitus
- Beer Yeast powder and cancer
- Beer yeast powder and high pressure
- Beer yeast powder and anti-aging
- Beer yeast powder and liver protection
- Function of Yeast
- Easting yeast is not harmful but good to your h...
- The Yeast Model Should be Highly Homologous
- The Cause of Yeast Hybrid Was Revealed
- Effect of Yeast to Shrimp
- Focus on Feed Yeast
- Yeast’s Effect on Soil
- How to Use Yeast for Steamed Buns
- No Aluminum Damage Technique of Yeast Factory
- Yeast Extract Explains the Mystery of Delicacy